Returning to leisure after spinal cord injury is very important. It ensures the full and equal enjoyment of all human
Currently there are over 100,000 people with paralysis in Kenya. Of these 31% are marrried. Spinal cord injury is a life-altering experience not only for the person with injury but for spouses as well. Spinal cord injury significantly affects marriages.SCI causes significant personality, behavior changes and perceptions of the changes by the person and the spouse as people adjust to life after injury.
COTE is TCF's new program for married couples affected by spinal cord injury (SCI). This program addresses partner experiences in relationships, behavior and satisfaction in marriage life.
Are we still each others lovers and caregivers? How do we enhance a measure of satisfaction within our relationships, and returning to leisure for married couples after SCI!
TCF has planned a 4-day expedition full of fun beyond-barriers activities and entertainment, bonfire talks (up close and candid talk) leading to an understanding of everything appearing to them as new. Roles, behavior, relationships, needs, goals, and expectations once held inevitably changing. With each new role assumed, each changed relationship nurtured, and each new behavior adopted, one is guaranteed to reinforce the changed-self and together, both begin to assign new meaning to their life so as to create an environment of normalcy around them which is essential....
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom ~Anais Nin~
To check more details plus our adventurous 4-day motivation program CLICK:
With your tax-deductible gift, you immediately become an active participant in making a positive impact in the life of an individual with spinal cord injury. All contributions are gratefully acknowledged with a charitable receipt and an invitation to join us at an upcoming quality of life event so you may see how your donation enhances the lives of those living with paralysis.
You may donate online or mail a cheque to:
The Cluster Foundation
Equity Bank Acc No. 0470193547439
Your unrestricted donation to empower people with paralysis will no doubt shatter negative stereotypes of our beneficiaries and restore their self esteem and the dignity they so richly deserve.
Monthly contributions go a long way to assist TCF to now be able to run EPP program without limitations and aim at meeting our objectives.
It’s easy to make a real difference in the lives of the others, considering the many that live right in your own community by setting up a tax deductible fixed monthly gift.
You can be confident that your donation will directly assist those stuck in their homes in your community and around our nation. More than 80% of every Kenya shilling raised is used by TCF to support our mission; 44% is used for communication and administration purposes that fund activities which provides the funds and grants that fund EPP programs. The remaining 56% goes towards our training, mentoring and outreach programs.
Simply put, there’s nothing more rewarding than helping a friend or family member reach their goals. Unless of course, you’re also playing a role in improving the lives of people living with paralysis. It’s easy and meaningful to support a fundraising campaign towards ICE events or programs; or become a participant yourself by doing one of the following:
Donate today to an event
To broaden resources to make a difference in the lives of people with paralysis in this nation, TCF raises additional funds through the collection of old newspapers locally that are sold to the recyclers, to sustain the EPP program. This exercise also helps TCF contribute to promoting environment conservation through waste management.
It also ensures every person plays a role in the welfare of our beneficiaries and has become a powerful channel of a consistent creation of awareness in empowering people living with disabilities.
To contribute towards this exercise contact……..